MY PHILOSOPHY

Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
Ben Franklin

Friday, November 16, 2007

It doesn't make sense

"GOP presidential candidate Fred Thompson caused an uproar Friday by suggesting that Social Security benefits be cut to reduce spending. The actor is in a lot of trouble. He never would have said anything so stupid if the writers weren't on strike."--Baraboo News Republic

Why do people want and expect politicians to lie to them and then get upset when they don't?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fred lost me with his Social Security plan. I earn my state minimum wage and am on track to receive a Social Security retirement benefit of about $700 a month.

Since I can't imagine how I could live on $700 a month - I'd be paying two-thirds of my income just for rent - I expect I will have to continue working until I can no longer work, at which time I will become destitute.

And to hear Thompson wants to cut the already meager benefits for which I have toiled and paid taxes, that's just too much for me.

Thompson is the one Republican who can get me to vote for a Democrat in 08.

rightwinginsider2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.